Sunday, January 10, 2010

Victor and Rolf goes in the footsteps of Lanvin

















I have always been a huge fan of Victor and Rolf. I adore their way of handling Paris with their off track couture. One one hand they are too avantgarde for Paris and would suit London better in that category, but yet they got that stylish chicness with a twist to their clothes that it could and for ever only can suit Paris. In their latest two or three collection they had gone back to their crazy look. But then I suddenly saw this resort collcetion for 2010 which is of course old at this point of time. But never the less I looked at it to night and found it very classy, stylish and a bit of a Alber Elbaz for Lanvin style to it - which of cause is never a bad way to go. Not a bad way to go but I was surprised. Victor and Rolf are really always different, but in this small collection they became a bit more common. It's beautiful clothes, but not really their signature. Never the less their were still some of their signature pants and shirts which I love. But the dresses are very Lanvin. A little odd. I can't really make up my mind about it. I think I love it. I will always love both Lanvin and Victor and Rolf, so a combination of the two houses in one dress is not such a bad idea. I also have to add that the choice of colors and fabric are divine. Especially the choice of fabric make me see Lanvin in it. 

No comments: