Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eliasson, McQueen and pollution - what a cocktail




On some other blog I saw this photo of an installation by Olafur Eliasson. I immediately  began to think that artist Eliasson and designer Alexander McQueen would make a great team. In McQueen's latest collection it were all about colors and shapes. And the colors reminded me first of Olafur Eliasson end then after a while a began to see the dresses as oil pollution in fabric. Quite amazing. When I first saw the collection I didn't really get it. But now I feel a greater meaning with it. These animalistic sculpture like dresses with a clear reference to water and pollution could perhaps be McQueen strike back in these climate times. If the earth is being flooded we will at least look stylish in these futuristic McQueen dresses. I think that Eliasson and McQueen could make some fantastic things together. A cooperation between those two would be very interesting to follow. 



No comments: