Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's only because it's Chanel that it's okay
























I'm not really feeling the Chanel vibe today. I'm not really feeling Karl Lagerfeld's idea with this. I see a clear Chanel throughout it. And that's of course a good thing. But when the classic suits are off the runway I don't see a red thread. There were some looks that referenced to the latest Chanel collection in Shanghai. Then there were some looks that made me think of the Russian pre fall 2009 collection. And then there were of course some looks that reminded me of the spring 2010 collection with the very romantic idyllic vibe to it. The spring 2010 haute couture collection was a mix match of to many ideas in one collection. I'm sure that the clientele of Chanel haute couture dress will love this, because it is so Chanel. I would just love to see some rethinking from Karl Lagerfeld. I know that what he does he's famous for, but come on, can it really be possible that Karl Lagerfeld is the only designer in the fashion world, who is allowed to stay the same year after year? 
The color palette was of course very spring'ish with the light pinks, yellow, cream white, and baby blue. But the grey nuances were odd to me. The looked more like dirty white than actual light grey. Dirty white that's a hard color to wear! 

No comments: