Saturday, November 8, 2008

I miss the god old days of Prada...













I must say, while the hole fashion world is so amazed by Prada I stand back and think to myself, is it really that great? Of course she is a talented designer and she is always giving the Milan fahion week something else than all the (almost boring) hot sexy dresses from Vercace and Cavalli. Yes she is different but that is not necessary always a good thing. Some years ago I was a big fan of Miuccia Prada, but I most say "good feelings gone". Around 2005 she made collection after collection with the most beautiful sophisticated and very chic dresses. She would have made Jackie Kennedy proud. But now her collections makes me think of the something cheep just sailed in from Poland or so. I think it's bad, really bad. Also her models have change. A couple of years ago the models looked strong and fierce, now her models are not women, but young girls, who are nothing but bones. 

On the left we have spring 2009 and on the right fall 2005

No comments: