Saturday, November 15, 2008

Comme des Garçons


So two days ago was once again my annual big H and M day. A day I skip school to stand in line in front of one of the H and M shops in Copenhagen to get some of the special edition clothes. First it was Karl Lagerfeld, then Stella McCartney, then came Victor and Rold, Roberto Cavalli and now it was Comme des Garçons. It is by now a tradition for me to get at least one piece from every one of the H and M collection. 
I didn't knew that much about Comme des Garçons, just that it was made by a Japanese woman and that it often was very avantgarde. I had this idea that Comme des Garçons, Yohji Yamamoto and Issey Miyake would be the asian input to the western world of fashion. 
I went to the website of H and M and looked at what I would like to have. And I must say that they wasn't really any thing that I would die for... Okay I thought, I will go there anyway and check it out. I had made a strategy to go to one of the smallest shops and hope that there wouldn't be too many people. That was a good tactic, because when I got to the shop there was still a lot of clothes left. Back in the metro I got my self a paper were there was this article about Comme des Garçons and their collaboration with H and M. Comme des Garçons had been H and M first wish on their list of designers they wanted to work with. But it hadn't been possible before now. Another thing I didn't knew was that a designer like Marc Jacobs gets alot of his inspiration from Rei Kawakubo who is the designer of Comme des Garçons. So i don't think I have been giving Comme des Garçons the credit that they deserved. I will just post a picture from the Comme des Garçon runway spring/summer 2009 and a picture from H and M's website with a picture of the pants I got. 

No comments: