Sunday, February 21, 2010

A new female look
















Now that the New York fashion week is over there's one trend that strikes me. For winter 2010 there are two ways to go. One: the obvious skinny look. And two: the one that's new to me, the over size look. Of course the over size look in itself is not a new thing, but the new thing to me here, is that it looks as if the clothes are not meant to be over size. I don't know if all the outfits shown are just badly fitted, I doubt that. The ironic thing about is that the fashion industry has for so many years been obsessed with skinny girls. Now it looks like the fact that far from every women has a body like a runway model, is okay. I'm not sure how to look at this, if it's an exaggeration of the female body shape, or a cover up with absolutely no shape. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of different women will embrace this look, because it's wearable and it's comfortable. From left: Oscar de la Renta, Donna Karan, Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger. 

No comments: