Monday, December 21, 2009

Donna and Francis













In Donna Karan's New Yorker-with-a-view-to-central-park-apartment she has a huge Francis Bacon painting. I read somewhere that she's a big fan of his work. Personally I think his paintings are a bit creepy, but his color palette is just divine! And when I saw Donna Karan's pre-fall '10 collection it crossed my mind that the colors palette of that collection (and many before that) has a clear reference to the colors of Francis Bacon. The older I get the more I love Donna Karan's clothes. Not because I'm getting older, and that I think she makes clothes for older people. But because as a know more and more about the fashion industry, I become more clear to me how good she actually is. She is just fantastic at making really extremely beautiful clothes. And not only is she a great fashion designer who really know what suits a women's body. She also has an outstanding eye for colors. The way she mix colors and put them together in new an different ways just make me so happy every time I see her collections. She is for women what Armani is for men - perfection. 







No comments: