Sunday, May 24, 2009

Victor and Rolf





For the fall/winter 2009 show in Paris, Victor and Rolf was inspired by the ancient Greece and Rome. But always with a twist. The interesting thing about this collection was not really all the draped dresses, but the sculptural jackets that were almost 3D. Victor and Rolf always know how to stand out. This may not work off the runway, because it's surly some serious runway clothes, but perhaps in small doses it could work out in the real world. I'm not quite sure what I think yet. But I think that I could be a buyer for that powder blazer. That one is really me and really Victor and Rolf. 
All the 3D dresses and jackets reminded me a bit about how a snow crystal look up close. Perhaps that was some of the inspiration for this collection. 

No comments: