Friday, March 13, 2009

Marilyn Manson meets fortune tellers meets geishas meets circus...















Alexander McQueen may be the last designer standing brave (or foolish) enough to present a collection were nothing was spared because of the times we live in now. McQueen is a show man and recession will not stop this crazy man from pulling of a grand show in Paris. The clothes was for most of the part, dramatic satires of Christian Dior, with parodies of his old new look themes, and also Chanel's tweed suits. On top of that I thought the collection reminded me about a blend of circus, Marilyn Manson, fortune tellers and geishas. What a mix! Alexander McQueen is a master when it comes to shapes and cutting them right. And he stayed true to his craftsmanship throughout the hole collection. What irritating me quite a bit was the makeup, that I actually thought was extremely ugly. But all in all McQueen made me happy. 

No comments: